Staff Accountant / Finance AdministratorCompany: Museum of New Mexico Foundation
Date Posted: February 21, 2017
The mission of the Museum of New Mexico Foundation (MNMF) is to support the Museum of New Mexico system through fund development for exhibitions and education programs, financial management and advocacy.
MNMF is located in Santa Fe, New Mexico. For more information about the organization, please explore our website, www.museumfoundation.org.
Finance Administrator Job Description
The Finance Administrator provides accurate and timely data entry, accounts payable, professional service agreements, maintains records and provides acknowledgment letters for all development and membership gifts, matching gifts and grants, including pledges and payments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities: NOTE: Museum of New Mexico Foundation unilaterally may change the requirements of this job description at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process gifts and memberships for deposit
- Responsible for a high volume of gift and membership data entry for gifts that come to the Foundation
- Takes care to acknowledge all gifts in a timely manner and with attention to detail
- Also tracks new pledges and pledge fulfillment
- Provide gift, membership, or pledge reports as needed
- Responsible for preparation of accounts payable
- Maintain organized files for types of gifts and recordkeeping as needed
- Expected to maintain donor confidentiality at all times
- Assist with audit requests as needed
- Maintain Professional Service Agreement contract files including W9s
- Shop Inventory Return to Vendor management
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications (includes education, skills and experience): The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, completed with two years prior experience in accounting/business/non-profit administration, or some equivalent combination of experience
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, in addition to excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with database systems and/or a sophisticated constituent relationship management system is essential
- Must have excellent computer skills, proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet
- Experience with Raisers Edge, Salesforce and Intacct helpful
- Must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Attention to detail essential
Salary and Benefits
- This is an exempt full-time position and reports to the Director of Finance.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience, with a general range of $43,000-$47,000/year
- Health and Dental Insurance (70% of premiums covered by employer)
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Major Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Leave) and Family Leave of Absence
- 401(a) and 403(b) Retirement Plans
Submit cover letter and resume (MS Word or PDF) to Director of Finance Georgine Flores at email@example.com. The position will be kept open until the right candidate is found. No phone calls, please.