Institutional Giving ManagerCompany: Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
Date Posted: February 28, 2017
Position Summary Secure annual operating, exhibition and capital funding from individuals, foundations, and government granting agencies through strategic research, grant and proposal development, and stewardship activities targeted at these entities.
• Plan, develop and prepare grant and sponsorship proposals, and monitor grant implemention and compliance
• Perform research to identify and cultivate donor prospects • Create and execute action plans for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of viable funding entities
• Solicit gifts and grants from foundations and others
• Represent the museum at a variety of community events and functions, as required.
• Provide direction, mentoring and support to subordinate staff.
Background and Qualifications • Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required; • Minimum of three years of experience in nonprofit management • Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
Skills and Abilities • Ability to write clearly and concisely in multiple styles and independently draft correspondence, reports, and copy • Engaging professional interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of staff, volunteers, donors and the general public • Team-oriented, collaborative approach to work • Highly skilled in multitasking in a fast-paced work environment • Required to maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality with sensitive donor, prospect and member information • Exceptional verbal communication skills • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com