Marketing and Alumni Relations Coordinator - Part-TimeCompany: Bosque School
Date Posted: June 7, 2020
The Marketing and Alumni Relations Coordinator assists the Communications and Marketing Director with duties related to communications and messaging to constituent groups. Candidates should be able to multitask, have strong communication skills, and business knowledge. Marketing and sales awareness and experience can be helpful.The marketing coordinator professional is expected to assist with and deliver materials, products, and information in a timely manner on behalf of the marketing department. The position requires 20 to 24 hours per week with one month off in the summer and reports to the Director of Communications, Marketing, and Alumni Relations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge and or background in marketing, advertising, or public relations required such as field experience, methods for promoting and selling services and products; and effective communication techniques.Candidates should have prior experience related to the field including customer service skills. Candidates for this position should be familiar with programs such as Word, Excel, I-Contact, Publisher, PowerPoint, Photoshop, In-Design, web editing programs, video editing software, or other related graphic related programs. Responsibilities
- Alumni Relations: Organize all alumni events, contact alumni for updates, and create stories aboutalumni
- E-Newsletter: collecting, editing, and implementing the weekly newsletter delivered to parents, students, alumni, trustees, and friends of Bosque School. Must be able to work closely with faculty, staff, and students to gather information for stories.
- Marketing: making connections in the larger community supporting our Admission goals and outreach programs
- Journalism: understanding your audience, researching and writing stories (classroom, students, teachers), and have a strong understanding of journalistic reporting
- Photography, attend school events and activities for photos and understand photo editing software Video filming and editing skills with an understanding of the marketing goal and experience using video editing software
- Press release writing and gathering of information including interviewing students, teachers, and parents. Keeping a media contact database and maintaining the archives.
- Website: working with RTS for troubleshooting, creating content, updating pages and news stories on a regular basis, and editing materials that come in from other departments
- Social media updates: Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+
- Assistance with Bosque apparel design ideas and promoting the online store
- Signage: collecting signage updates and arranging proofs and installation on campus signage as needed
- Assist the Communications Director in creating and editing content for print and online publications as needed.
Bosque School is an independent, co-educational, college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12.Located on 42 acres along the Rio Grande bosque (riparian forest) in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the school places a strong emphasis on the arts, service learning, and environmental science in the bosque. BosqueSchool takes pride in offering a progressive and inventive approach to learning. Founded in 1994, BosqueSchool is governed by a Board of Trustees and is affiliated with the National Association of IndependentSchools (NAIS) and the Independent School Association of the Southwest (ISAS). Currently, there are 495students in grades 6 - 12. There are over 60 faculty members with more than half of them holding advanced degrees and a support staff of 30. The average class size is 16 and the average student/faculty ratio is 9-1.
Application MaterialsInterested applicants should send a cover letter, three references, and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission of applications is June 19, 2017.
Consideration of all candidates will take place until an offer is made and accepted.
Non-Discrimination and Disability Policy
Bosque School is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions, including those related to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and recognition of individuals on the basis of their ability and job-related qualifications and without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state, or local law. We actively seek diversity among faculty and administration as well as among students. The school complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in order to participate in the application/interview process are requested to contact the School in order to arrange such accommodation.
Bosque School Albuquerque, New Mexico