Director of Development, University LibrariesCompany: UNM Foundation, Inc.
Date Posted: June 23, 2017
The UNM Foundation seeks an experienced, results-oriented individual with successful major gift experience for the position of Director of Development for the University of New Mexico University Libraries. The successful applicant will join a team of professionals in implementing a comprehensive development program. The candidate will work closely with the Dean of the Libraries, the faculty, staff, volunteers, and friends to identify prospects, develop strategies leading to solicitation, and steward major donors.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an analytical, goal-oriented fundraising professional to provide strong leadership in designing and implementing a strategic program for annual support and to conduct major gift solicitations.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major donors and prospects including individuals, corporations, and foundations, through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets set by the UNM Foundation and at levels defined by the Foundation.
- Establishes effective working relationship with corresponding Dean, Director or leader of University unit for fundraising matters.
- Responsible for obtaining gifts as defined by UNM Foundation.
- Enlists senior management in furthering the unit's fund raising program; provides effective staffing, and educates and supports management with respect to their Foundation leadership roles.
- Recruits, engages, and manages volunteers and provides them with leadership and direction in support of the cultivation and solicitation of major donors and prospects; coordinates volunteers' activities to ensure their integration into the unit's programs.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the UNM Foundation and colleagues to maximize the unit's total gift revenue.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution required
- Five (5) or more years related experience in development/fundraising
- Experience in higher education or other non-profit organization
- Proven ability to close large private gifts.
- 40% travel required
Must be able to drive personal vehicle for University and Foundation business (mileage reimbursed) and hold a valid driver’s license with current insurance, and a clean driving record. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal, driving record, and employment background screening. Some positions may also require credit background screening as well.
Please submit resume and cover letter together as one document through the resume upload.
The UNM Foundation is an EEO employer.