Corporate Giving & Events ManagerCompany: National Dance Institute New Mexico - Albuquerque
Date Posted: August 30, 2017
National Dance Institute of New Mexico is founded with the knowledge that the arts have a unique power to engage and motivate children. The purpose of our distinctive programs is to help children develop discipline, a standard of excellence, and a belief in themselves that will carry over into all aspects of their lives.
Purpose of the Albuquerque Corporate Giving and Events Manager:
This position is responsible for meeting specified annual contributed income goals for corporate and individual giving. The Albuquerque Corporate Giving and Events Manager will help sustain current donor relationships, while also increasing the donor, cultivating new donors, and organizing fundraising events. In partnership with the Executive Director, Albuquerque Managing Director, and NDI-NM Development and Marketing teams, this position is responsible for carrying out the organization’s annual development plan, annual strategic objectives, and long-range goals.
- · Collaborates with NDI-NM Development and Marketing teams to help meet the organization-wide goals of the annual development plan.
- · Partners with Albuquerque development team to achieve Albuquerque fundraising goals and increase community awareness.
- · Meets or exceeds personal fundraising goals as assigned by the Albuquerque Managing Director and Executive Director.
- · Communicates with, recognizes, cultivates, solicits, and stewards Albuquerque donors.
- · Builds and maintains a personal annual portfolio of approximately 150 individual (households), corporate, and institutional donors and prospects. The portfolio will contain specific strategies to meet budget goals with a focus on corporate fund giving and fundraising event success, including: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donors via one-on-one meetings, telephone conversations, written correspondence, and emails. In addition, this position will work in conjunction with the Development team in the creation of an annual solicitation strategies for meeting the organization’s budget goals.
- Works in partnership with Albuquerque Managing Director in meeting corporate fundraising goals.
- Represent NDI-NM in the community by making presentations to businesses, membership groups, and by participating as a member of such groups.
- Coordinate solicitations with Albuquerque Managing Director, Executive Director, and NDI New Mexico Development team.
- · Manages and executes fundraising events, activities, and communications and meets with the Albuquerque Development Committee and Albuquerque Gala Committee to plan for cultivation and stewardship opportunities which promote fundraising.
- · Works with Albuquerque Gala Producer to execute Gala including; recruiting, motivating, and managing volunteers for the Albuquerque Gala Committee, setting Gala meeting schedule and agendas, leading meetings with committee Chairs and Producer, and ensuring minutes and assignments are sent out promptly to committee members.
- Coordinate with graphic designer on collateral materials for donors including: brochures, invitations, website donor page, solicitations, special fundraising appeals, etc.
- Assist in creation of agendas, meeting notices, and minutes of Corporate Committees.
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment and oversee meetings of event committees, such as Gala.
- · Coordinates event-related activity within the database by partnering with the Database Administrator to handle setup and manage event invitations, RSVPs, attendee tracking and registration, and other donor relations.
- Oversee budgets that correspond to areas of responsibility.
- · Prepare quarterly reports to Albuquerque Managing Director for board meetings.
- · Assists in reporting monthly annual membership goals versus budget and actual, strategizing variances and re-setting goals against current and future accomplishments.
- · Tracks and reports fundraising goals, strategizing variances, and re-setting goals against current and future accomplishments.
- · Works with Albuquerque Managing Director and Executive Director to set financial goals annually for Annual Fund and Gala.
- · Prepares and manages budgets and projections for special events with consideration of fundraising goal objectives.
- Other duties as assigned to achieve overall goals.
- Position requires weekend and evening hours during special events or for fundraising publications.
Qualifications & Experience:
- · College degree.
- · Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in fund development, with demonstrable experience in corporate gift solicitation, event planning and execution.
- · Strong organizational, computer, and smart-phone skills, including Salesforce, MS Windows file/folder management, Excel and Android, Blackberry, or iPhone calendaring and emailing skills.
- · Willingness to be versatile and flexible in a rapidly changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency, meeting deadlines and benchmarks.
Core NDI New Mexico Employee Requirements:
- · Believes in the mission of the organization.
- · Strives for excellence in this job with a “Can Do” attitude.
- · Ability to work with people of all backgrounds and ages.
- · Highly organized, detail-oriented and result driven.
- · Ability to prioritize work and multi-task to meet priorities.
- · Supports teamwork and collaboration by demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- · Communicates effectively through clear speaking, writing and effective listening.
- · Behaves respectfully, ethically and with personal integrity.
- · Operates in a fiscally responsible manner.
- · Demonstrates adaptability through a willingness to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- · Professional appearance and telephone manner.
To apply, please visit our website at https://www.ndi-nm.org/about/employment-information/