Business Operations ManagerCompany: Santa Fe Symphony Orchestra & Chorus
Date Posted: December 8, 2017
Manages all non-artistic, operating functions of The Santa Fe Symphony. Supports the Executive Director in managing the business, patron support, development, accounting, scheduling, ticketing, advertisement, Board of Directors administration and office functions for the organization.
- Develops and maintains contracts with outside vendors for printing, office equipment, supplies, truck rental, insurance, leased space, etc.
- Prepares, monitors and adjusts, in consultation with the Executive Director, the annual budget to fit developing financial conditions.
- Codes incoming revenue, outside invoices, makes bank deposits and coordinates budget and cash flow monitoring with outside Accountant.
- Supports outside Accountant in issuing all regular payment checks.
- Prepares “as needed” equipment, services, employees and musicians’ payment checks for signature.
- Assists Development Director and Development Officer with tracking of donation revenue as differentiated from operating or Foundation revenue.
- Maintains bank account balances using QuickBooks software.
- Coordinates with Foundation administration to assure proper allocation of Foundation contributions.
- Supports the grant application process by preparing budgetary entries and background information.
- Prepares preliminary, and maintains final, master schedule for concerts, rehearsals, promotional activities such as major mailings, Board and Foundation meetings and special events.
- Serves as administrative support for the Board of Directors.
- Supports the Program Book advertising annual effort with sales and commission tracking, ad preparation and assuring timely ad submission.
- Assists with work flow among office staff, determining when box office (ticketing), program preparation, development, or advertising efforts need additional assistance. Provides or acquires needed support for these efforts.
- Assists with patron events, cultivation, and acknowledgements, and mailings including developing mailing lists.
- Monitors and assures that office staff has needed resources and autonomy for effective execution of their duties.
- Monitors Non-exempt staff working hours and provides this information to Outside Accountant for salary and wage payments.
- Directly coordinates the Production Manager and one administrative support position.
- Suggests/Provides training and guidance for office staff
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, Ability and Experience requirements:
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Word, Excel, and Access database management systems.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent level of experience in business management of an artistic organization.
- Experience in arts related organization business management including accounting, patron relations and ticketing.
- Excellent writing and personal relations skills.
- Classical Music knowledge a plus.
- Working knowledge of Tessitura software a plus.
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of Supporters, Directors, Patrons, Musicians, Staff and executives
Full Time: Salary DOE. To apply: Please send cover letter and resume via email to: Gregory W. Heltman, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please NO phone calls.